Monday, January 20, 2014

Raspberry, Banana, & Nutella Heart Pies


I am patiently waiting for my second grandchild to be born any day now.  We already know its going to be a girl and her name will be Madelyn.  She will be just 10 months younger than my first adorable grandson Owen.  He is more fun than I could ever imagine so I am really looking forward to two. There's nothing better than being a Grandma. While I wait for Madelyn to come I have been busy doing one of my favorite things - baking.  These are very easy and so good my husband said he wanted these as his birthday dessert next December.  I am sure by then he will forget and want something else.  If you don't like nutella then you can substitute a few chocolate chips in its place.        

Ingredients:
One box of two prepared pie crusts (in refrigerated section)
1 banana chopped
1 cup nutella spread
1 pint raspberries chopped
1 egg white
course sugar for sprinkling

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Unroll one pie crust onto clean surface and cutout as many piece as possible with desired shape.  Lay cut out pieces on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.


Spread nutella on each shape trying not to go to the edge if possible.  Nutella can be messy at times.


Place chopped bananas on top of the nutella spread.


Place chopped raspberries on top of the nutella and bananas.


Take second pie crust and cut same number of desired shapes with it.  Place on top of each one and crimp with a fork to seal in all edges.


Brush with egg white wash and sprinkle course sugar on top of each one.


Bake for 10 minutes until dough has browned nicely.  Serve warm or cold.  Makes 12 but it all depends on the size of the shape you choose.

Enjoy!!



This is linked to asouthernfairytale.com, http://www.thecountrycook.net/, www.sixsistersstuff.com, plus other sites listed under "where we party"

11 comments:

  1. Your Nutella Pies look great. I pinned it! Thanks for linking up at Saturday Dishes.
    Blessings,
    Diane Roark
    www.recipesforourdailybread.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! These look delicious and so easy to make! Thanks for sharing via Family Fun Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found these via Friday Frenzy. These will make a great Valentine's Day treat for my kiddos! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look amazing wow. thanks for linking up to Friday Frenzy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm visiting you from the Friday Frenzy! These are super adorable and look like they taste amazing! I can't wait to try them myself.

    Thank you so much for sharing these easy goodies with us. (Fantastic Picture - makes me want to buy the ingredients and make them ASAP)

    Victoria
    Mommy's Playbook

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so delicious and a combination of flavor I LOVE!
    Second grandchild? How exciting, congratulations!

    Maria@
    www.musicteachingandparenting.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just too cute and delicious! Maybe my Valentine will make me some! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for bringing your adorable pies to Family Fun Friday! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious and super easy! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. G'day! What a great entertaining idea!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Viewed as part of the Foodie Friends Friday Valentine's Day Party!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so good... Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday Valentine's Party and I hope that you will join us again for our Snack Foods Party this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...