Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake Bars


I'm so happy that it is September, it is my favorite month because I absolutely love the fall!! I'm patiently waiting to plant my mum's and put out all my pumpkin decorations. Granted it's not officially here yet but it's been cooling off at night here in NJ and football is back on TV so I see no reason why I can't share our first pumpkin recipe of the season! These bars are sweet and moist with the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor. Just be sure to keep them in the fridge if they make it in your house for more than one day :)

Ingredients:
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Sm. Box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
15oz can of Pumpkin
1 Stick I can't Believe it's Not Butter
3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
4 Eggs
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Skim Milk
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Light Cream
Pam Spray

 Adapted from: http://picky-palate.com

Start by preheating the oven to 350 F and spray a deep baking sheet with Pam Spray, set aside. In your stand mixer bowl combine the pumpkin, cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding mix and sour cream. Beat until well combine about 2 minutes.
 Pour the batter into the pan and spread it out evenly using a spatula or giving it a few good shakes, set aside.
Melt the margarine in the microwave on a low setting for about a minute. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon mix everything together.
Drizzle the brown sugar mixture over the cake batter, my came out more like big globs than drizzles but it didn't seem to matter, make sure to get at least a little bit of the brown sugar in every area of the pan.
Using a knife, swirl the brown sugar into the cake batter. Doesn't it look so pretty??!!
Bake the cake for about 30 minutes, until it has cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean. While the cake is cooling for a few minutes you can make the glaze. In your stand mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment combine the powdered sugar and cream until smooth. Using the whisk drizzle the glaze over the cake. Cool for 20 minutes and then cut into squares. Store in the fridge.
Enjoy!! - Nicole

18 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin! Pinning this to my pumpkin board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bars looks really good!
    I love the combination of pumpkin and cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look crazy good! Saying Hi from Mom on A Time Out Hop...I host Photo Friday Link Party, I'd love to have you link up this or any other original photo from your blog. Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound great! Thanks for linking up on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back Sunday to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look divine! I am so ready for some fall baking and these are definitely on my list. Thanks so much for linking up to the Weekend Potluck. I have shared them on facebook and am pinning them to my fall baking board. Have a great weekend!
    ~Kim
    http://sunflowersupperclub.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-potluck-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nicole,
    Your Pumpkin Cinnamon Bars are just in time for fall, they look awesome. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been craving pumpkin. This looks really good and will go on my list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO in love with these! Fall is my favorite time of year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic recipe! I love that it starts with a cake mix! Awesome autumn treat for sure. Thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good! I can't wait to start making fall dishes!! Pinning :)
    Thanks so much for linking this to Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicole,
    Ya know if ya'll would stop with all this fabulous looking pumpkin desserts I sure could blog a lot more and bake a lot less! I'm adding this to my list of must makes this week! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a great day :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, looks similar to one I made recently. Love the smell!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you link up again this week. The party will be live tonight. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Don't forget to "like" my Facebook page if you haven't already. www.facebook.com/TheMandatoryMooch

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it looked familiar! They both look and sound fantastic. I wish one of you would send me one :-)

      Delete
  13. Wow. No, I'm probably not going to make this but my sister might! Take care, will visit again and of course, I'm following. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I just came by from the Gooseberry Patch. These cake bars look and sound so good...perfect with a cup of coffee. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good! I love when you can use a cake mix and add all sorts of yummy things! Thank you for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday. Sharing on my Walking on Sunshine FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, those look delicious! I can't wait to make these, and for it to be officially fall...and cool down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our Signature Cakes are made with the high-quality ingredients you’ve come to expect from Cold Stone Creamery. Each slice is full of thick cake and creamy ice cream. We also give them an elegant presentation, so they look beautiful on your table. cinderella themed cakes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...